Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Weekly Meal Plan: March Week 3


Last week I skipped my weigh in. I was under a lot of pressure in work and I ended up working too late on Thursday to make it. I had a good week and was not too worried about missing it. Last week for the first time in ages I didn't weigh myself at all. Usually I would be up on the scales first thing every morning to check in, and I realised all I was doing was adding to my anxiety. So I skipped it last week, and I have no idea what my weight is right now. 


The only thing that has me a bit anxious about missing my weigh in last week, is this week would be the one week of the  month I had planned to skip, and maybe skipping 2 in a row is not the best idea. Plus there is a chance I will be travelling for work next Thursday, so I will have to miss it again (though I would probably find a meeting on Wednesday to cover that).

Regardles of my skipped weigh in, I feel like I am turning a corner with my attitude. As I mentioned I have been avoiding the scales. I have also found  myself being less critical of my appearance in the mirror and spending a LOT less time scrutinising. There have been times I have caught my reflection in the mirror and seen an unflattering angle, and rather than spending 10 minutes adjusting my clothes to try and hide what I just noticed I have just shrugged my shoulders and got on with it. 



Now to this week - Paddy's weekend. I started out as planned with a 100% on track Friday. Saturday was as expected - all the drinks and food while I celebrated our 6 Nations Grand Slam win and Paddy's Day. That was planned - but I didn't allow enough leeway for the hangover the next day. It also didn't help that the snow came back on Sunday so I could not get out for my long run. I tried my best throughout the day - but it ended with another treat dinner with wine and chocolate for dessert. 

Yesterday was a little bit better, but I still didn't track properly (I tried to in my head, conveniently forgetting lots of little snacks) and I know I was over. I also used the icy paths as an excuse not to run again (even though everything was defrosted by the afternoon). I have not touched my tracker since Friday which is really unlike me, but I have stayed on plan today and will get back to tracking everything tonight. 

This is going to be a tough week for me as I can feel the PMS coming on in a strong way. I am feeling unmotivated and starting to get irritable and down (god love my other half). Plus we had a lovely beef stew planned for dinner tomorrow, but himself has been called into work and it just can't be made as an after work meal so I am going to have to think of something on the fly for tomorrow and Thursday. Not the best place to be but I will make it work. I hope you all have a great week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment