Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Healthy Pancakes



I, like a lot people, love pancakes but always feel guilty when I eat them. Whenever I go out to brunch I am tempted by the pancakes but very rarely actually get them. I have tried the banana and egg pancakes so many times and they never work for me, they always either stick or burn and end up tasting a bit like sweet scrambled eggs which is not great. I tried a different version of these using both almond and skimmed
milk and they never worked out quite right and then I thought of greek yoghurt. So I gave it a go and I got the most lovely, light and fluffy pancakes! The whole recipe is just 2 SmartPoints, plus whatever you want to use for toppings and it makes a very substantial stack. They did take a bit more time than my usual breakfast, only because you can only cook one pancake at a time, so I think next time I will save them for the weekend.

Servings: 1
SmartPoints per Serving (Flex): 2
SmartPoints per Serving: 5
SmartPoints on NoCount: 0
Ingredients:
1 egg
1 medium banana
20g oats
50g 0% fat greek yoghurt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder

Put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.

Heat a non stick pan over a medium heat and spray with oil. Add a ladle of mixture and cook until bubbles form on the top and start to burst, the bottom should be set, golden brown and flip easily.

Cook for a further 1-2 minutes until the other side is golden. Set to one side and keep warm while repeating the process with the rest of the mixture.

Serve the stack of pancakes with your favourite toppings, remembering to add any SmartPoints for the toppings. I served mine with a drizzle of agave syrup for an extra 1 SmartPoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment