Monday, October 2, 2017

Weekly Meal Plan: October Week 1




Its been a few weeks since my last post, but I have had good reason for my absence. I only went and bought myself a house and spent the past month packing up my life and moving. I hadn't mentioned it here before but we first started looking for a home back in May 2016 and it has been the most stressful year and a half of my life. Last August we found what we thought would be our home, and after months and months of waiting patiently and doing all we could the sale got pulled and we were back to square one. Finally at the end of May this year we went to see what actually turned out to be our home and after a few stressful & nervous months we got the keys 2 weeks ago.





Its been an absolutely crazy month and if I am being honest, weight loss was the last thing I was thinking of. And then when I finally got my new kitchen all set up I was off to Leeds for a wedding, so I really took pretty the whole of September off. I was feeling pretty miserable and even though I was really looking forward to celebrating my friends wedding with him, the dress I had planned on wearing did not fit me and it really knocked my confidence. I found a dress that fit me, once I hadn't worn in a while and decided I was just going to eat as best I could for the few days before. In the end I actually felt really good on the day of the wedding, so despite how I was feeling in the run up to the wedding, I know this is just a temporary blip and I still have it under control overall!


I haven't weighed myself in a good few weeks, and I am quite nervous to know what the scales actually say (if I can find which box they were packed in) but to be honest I know no matter how much damage has been done I can get back to goal if I just apply myself. With the move I am now driving to and from work instead of getting public transport and with the reduced stress I should be in a much better position to head back to class now. We did our first full food shop for the new house yesterday and I am back to meal planning. I didn't get a chance to meal prep my lunches but I did stock up on some filling soups from Dunnes to keep me going for the week. I am also going to get back into running in a big way this month. I am looking forward to exploring my new neighbourhood and building up some new routes. 

We have 18 weeks until Christmas, so as usual I am setting myself the challenge to be under goal  by Christmas. Who's with me?



No comments:

Post a Comment