Monday, May 1, 2017

Weekly Meal Plan: May Week 1


Last week was a fantastic week. I tracked everything and ate well every day. I kept the running up and despite the fact I was very bloated I felt good. Then the long weekend struck! Friday night we were heading out for dinner with my boyfriends family and I had 22 dailies left as well as all 35 weeklies. I made good choices in the restaurant and counted my drinks and tracked everything in advance. I ended the night with 10 weeklies still in tact, but also incredibly intoxicated. I woke up the following morning with a god awful hangover and that was the beginning of the end. 




We had to be up really early and so the obvious thing to help with the hangover was to stop for a McDonalds breakfast which set me back 14 SmartPoints - at this point I stopped trying to count (everything was written down though). After an early appointment we headed to a friends house and had lots and lots of tea with some sandwiches. I then got home and didn't move from the couch except to go to and from the fridge grazing for the afternoon. We both felt pretty rough by the time dinnertime came around and it was decided that we would get Leo Burdocks - battered ray with chips and garlic sauce. If all of that wasn't enough I had half an easter egg as well. 



You'd think yesterday would have been angelic, but I swear I was still feeling the hangover. The day started out ok with some cereal and an 8km run, but then I was just hungry and I ended up going over my dailies by 15 by the end of the day. I don't know what is going on with me. I just don't have the motivation to do this at the moment. I have been keeping an eye on the scales and they went up a considerable amount after the weekend, and I was already at the very top of my 5lb allowance above goal. I feel like I am going around in circles and my head just isn't 100% in it. 


I feel like almost every week I am on here telling the same story and if I am being honest I don't see it changing any time soon. Something needs to change but I don't know if I can force it. I can make as many excuses as I like, but the truth is my head has a million and one things going on and my eating has taken a bit of a step back. I am going to try to let this run its course and get everything else I have going on in my life in order first and hope the food follows. If I can do what I have been from Monday to Friday and then the best I can at the weekend then I will be happy. I am less concerned by the number on the scales and just want to get back to stage where I am comfortable with my body again. 





I don't want to lose complete control so I am going to be keeping track of how many days I have where I track and count all my SmartPoints and I am within my dailies, weeklies & fitpoints for all of May. For anyone who wants to join me I will be using the above chart and updating it each week on my usual meal plan blog post. If I can get through May and still be within the 5lbs of goal I will consider it a victory!! 

I will of course be keeping up with my meal plans, I think it is the main reason I am managing 5 out of 7 days on track at the moment so why quit a good thing! A couple of recipes from the archives this week, links can be found below! 





No comments:

Post a Comment