Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Running Update



It's only been a few weeks but I am feeling so confident about my running. I haven't missed a training run yet and I have no intention of missing one over the next few weeks. With my friends wedding on Saturday I plan on just rescheduling Saturday & Sunday's runs to Friday & Monday.



I found the end of last year my body was tired. From September on I was forcing myself out to run and not enjoying it. I wasn't improving or covering any sort of real distance. I kept thinking I'd find my mojo if I just kept trying but it wasn't happening. I started to worry I wouldn't be able to get back to it or that I would start to hate it, so I decided to take a break. I have to say the break made me feel incredible guilty but I really think I needed it.

The weeks started to pass and I kept thinking about going back, putting it off until 'next week' (the week that never comes) but not actually going anywhere. Eventually I realised I was heading towards the end of February, and Timehop was going to remind me of that first morning run I took 2 years previously and I knew I would just feel awful if I didn't get myself back to it. So right then and there I signed up to the same training plan I had followed the 2 years previously, and set my alarm for the following morning!


It has been tough, when that alarm goes off at 5:45 I really want to stay in bed, but I get myself up and by the end of the run I always feel fantastic. The first km is the hardest, I think part of me is still in bed until then, but once I get past that I start to enjoy it. I signed up to the Mini Marathon this week, so now its time to start working towards beating last years time of 57 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment