Friday, January 16, 2015

Chicken Jalfrezi & Brown Rice






I am off to London tomorrow for a weekend away with the girls and I am so excited! I have been extra strict food wise this week to allow for some indulgence this weekend! I have kept up my goal of keeping dinners interesting and mixed things up this week. But last nights dinner was the best so far. This is s recipe from an old weight watchers magazine. It calls for a can of cherry tomatoes which I thought I would have todibatitute for regular chopped tomatoes, but they had cans of cherry tomatoes in tesco and if you can get them the add a bit of sweetness to the dos.


Serves: 2
SmartPoints Per Serving: 8
SmartPoints on NoCount: 0
Propoints per serving: 9pp
Suitable for filling & healthy and simple start
Ingredients:
2 x 125g chicken breasts
I can cherry tomatoes
1cm piece of ginger grated 
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 onion sliced 
I green pepper cut into strips
I red chilli deseeded and chopped
2tsp garam masala
1tsp ground coriander
1tsp vegetable oil
100g Brown rice
Handful fresh coriander 
1 tbsp 0% fat greek yoghurt

Cook the rice according to the pack instructions. 

Whe the rice is cooking, mix the spices, garlic, chill and ginger with 1tsp water to make a paste, season well. Cut slashes in the chicken breasts and rub the paste into the chicken. Set aside to marinate. 

Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions for 5 minutes. Add the pepper and fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for 5 more minutes, turning once. 

Add the tomatoes with 2tbsp water. Bring to the boil them cover and simmer for 15 minutes, turning the chicken once. 

Remove the lid a simmer for 3 more minutes to let the sauce reduce. Serve over the rice, sprinkle the fresh coriander on top and serve the yoghurt alongside

Super easy and a really lovely midweek dinner!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment