Sunday, September 21, 2014

Christmas Challenge: Weigh In 1


The results are in and after my first week 100% on track in a long time I am down 4.5lbs. Which to be honest I was not expecting and could not be happier about. I have not lost this much weight in a single week in a long time and it just goes to show how out of control I had gotten over the past few months. It wasn't a particularly difficult week, I ate out once and got a takeaway, I ate chocolate every day and didn't feel deprived at any point. Something that I realised that over the past year and a half that I had forgotten how great the program actually is. I have slowly slipped away and was following my own program which was working until this summer hit, but then I lost focus. It may be a bit early to say but I am really hoping I have found my focus now and can get myself back to a healthier me. 


I have had some great food this week, when I ate out I made the healthy choice and really enjoyed it. I chose to go back to propoints, I find that I bend the rules a little too much on the filling and healthy program. It works so well for so many people, but I like the feeling of being really full and propoints lets me do that. I can still have loads to eat on 26pp per day and while a lot of the foods I eat actually do count as filling and healthy foods I really like the flexability of being able to have some smoked salmon, or a bit of cheese and still have my weeklies in tact for those moments when only chocolate will do. 


Last week when I realised how much weight I put on, I was a little down about it and I said it to my boyfriend. He looked at me and said "You've done this before and you can do it again", at the time it wasn't what I wanted to hear. I wanted him to tell me the scales must be wrong and I hadn't gained any weight and was still gorgeous, so his words unintentionally brought me down again. But the more I have thought about these words, I realise it was just what I needed to hear. He is right and lying to me wouldn't have helped. I know I can do this, and throughout my life this may happen again and I need to remember that I can do this. It is not a failure to fall off the wagon, but it is a failure not to jump back on when you realise.

So how did everyone get on in Week 1? Are you on track to your Christmas goal? If not, just remember you can do this. Anything is possible when you put your mind to it! 

6 comments:

  1. Well done, thats a great result for your first WI back on the wagon :) I was down 3.5, so we're off to a good start :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! Off to a flying start now, nothing can stop us :-)

      Delete
  2. Last week I was up 1lb after a trip to Dublin but I was down 2.5lbs this week :)

    Christmas goal well and truly happening ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done with your 2.5lbs! Nothing like a bit of a countdown to motivate us :)

      Delete
  3. I'm new to this blog, think it's great and it's exactly what I need to motivate me to reach goal for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help with the motivation! We're all in this together. Best of luck with your Goal!

      Delete