Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ice Ice Baby



The weather does seem to be fading slowly into August so I may have missed the boat a bit with this post. Despite the sun having disappeared, it is still very warm and very muggy and it has taken until now for me to discover just how refreshing an Iced Coffee is. The fact that my new job is 2 doors away from a Starbucks has meant I have spent an unnatural amount of money on coffee. Before I do any serious damage I decide to work out the points in all the lovely iced treats. I've decided to post the points for the best value ones available, and anything that includes whipped cream is really not worth it (a tall skinny caramel frappacino is 8pp with whipped cream and only 3pp without). Nutritional info is on all the websites, but this just gives you a taste of whats available!

Starbucks:

Light Mocha Frappuccino (no whip):
Tall - 3pp      Grande - 4pp      Venti - 5pp

Light Coffee Frappuccino (no whip)
Tall - 2pp      Grande - 3pp       Venti - 4pp

Light Caramel Frappuccino (no whip):
Tall - 3pp      Grande - 5pp       Venti - 7pp

Strawberries & Cream Frappuccino (skimmed milk, with whip):
Tal - 8pp       Grande - 11pp      Venti - 12pp


Insomnia
(Nutritional information is based on low fat milk used)

Iced Caramel Late 12oz - 9pp
Strawberries & Cream 12oz - 6pp
Oreo 12oz - 12pp

Costa Coffee
(I found this had the best range of reasonable options)

Fruit Coolers:

Mango & Passionfruit
Primo - 5pp     Medio - 6pp       Massimo - 8pp

Red Berry
Primo - 7pp    Medio - 9pp      Massimo - 11pp

Coffee Coolers:

Coffee
Primo - 4pp     Medio - 5pp       Massimo - 7pp

Mocha
Primo - 6pp     Medio - 9pp      Massimo - 12pp

Creamy Coolers:

Simply Vanilla
Primo - 5pp    Medio - 7pp

Strawberry
Primo - 8        Medio - 12pp

Iced Coffee:

Iced Latte
Primo - 2pp      Medio - 3pp       Massimo - 4pp

Iced Cappuccino
Primo - 1pp     Medio - 2pp        Massimo - 3pp

Iced Mocha
Primo - 4pp     Medio - 5pp       Massimo - 7pp

Iced Caramel Latte
Primo - 3pp     Medio - 4pp       Massimo - 5pp


Now that I know, all thats left is stopping me sending my life savings on the things! Going to attempt a home made one when I'm at my parents house this weekend, and if it works I will post the recipe! Enjoy while the weather lasts. 





Image courtesy of antpkr /FreeDigitalPhotos.net

2 comments:

  1. Zoe, thank you so much for doing this!
    Ice Ice Baby.
    m x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog. It gives very good information. Thank you.

    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete