Saturday, April 20, 2013

Getting back to basics!!

Well here I am, 4.5lbs above my goal weight and I am not impressed!!! I was up a whopping 2lbs this week which I was not expecting at all.

I had run my 10k and I had been good food wise, right. I mean I definitely needed more fuel this week...didn't I?


I may have rediscovered my love of toast and jam, but I had tracked it all....hadn't I?


The couple of bites of food here and there really weren't much, surely it was only a few pp over all, right??



We've all been there, made the same excuses knowing deep down they weren't really the truth. 

I'd lost my way and I needed a change otherwise I was one step away from losing it all. One more pound is all it takes to bring me too far over my goal weight. 

After weigh in on Tuesday I had to have a long think about what I was going to do next. Continue the downward spiral and end up where I was a year and a half ago, or reclaim control. My goal for this year was to get fit. Now the weight was gone I had no excuse. But I have been full of excuses as usual and this week I realised its not good enough. The only thing stopping me achieving what I want is myself. 



So this week I took back control. I have been weighing my food again, cutting out the junk and cutting down on my carbs. I have cut back to the 26pp a day just to get rid of these few pounds. I have also FINALLY joined up the bootcamp that is literally a one minute walk from my apartment. I have been passing the warehouse every day for the past 6 months telling myself 'next week i'll go in'. Well next week never comes and eventually you have to bite the bullet and go for it. 

Wednesday was the night for me, and I walked through the doors. I think I built it up to be much worse than it actually was. Don't get me wrong, it was TOUGH, and I sweated and hurt my way through it but I survived. Not only did I survive, I went back for more on Thursday night. I have a feeling they saw me coming and drew me in with an easier class on the Wednesday (and was still by no means easy, just easier) because Thursday's class was aptly named "Chaos"and it was a killer. And if I wasn't crazy enough I was up this morning for kettlebells before work this morning. My plan was to try get to another bootcamp class tomorrow but I can safely say my body will most definitely not allow it and according to my kettlebells instructor I do need a break. Training too hard can actually cause your body to store fat - so while pushing yourself is a good thing, listen to the experts.

I am back in control now. I have a plan and I am going to stick with it. Once I get myself right back down to my goal weight I am keeping that control and not letting it go. I have had my bit of fun, and if I think back on the past few weeks they were not that much fun. Eating badly makes you feel bad. I have been tired and cranky and just not myself. This week its starting to change back to where I was and I would like to keep it that way! 



1 comment:

  1. I know this feeling too well. Same happened me this week. I had been for a run and felt great so didn't track/point all weekend. What happened? Up at weigh in...

    I'm back weighing my portions and tracking everything. Sometimes we need a little slip up to put us back on track again!

    ReplyDelete