Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Weigh in 6

Not a good week for me. All was going swimmingly until sunday and it was my cousins baby shower. My big mistake that day was tasting the chocolate biscuit cake and victoria sponge - and then went back for seconds, and thirds and then I lost count a little. Probably would have been fine if I had stopped there but of course I didn't By the time I got home and realised that there was no food in the house for dinner it was too late to go shopping, and my OH arrived home late from a weekend away so we got a chinese takeaway. He also decided the only gift he could find for me was a giant milka bar with popcorn in it and a bag of mixed jellies
which I ate plenty of that night and the night after. So a little bit of self sabotage lead to a half pound gain on the scales. I'm ok with it, and it could have been a lot worse.

It has been an interesting few weeks. What it has shown me is that I have the ability to maintain my weight. I have also realised that I have to stop being so hung up by a number on the scales and focus on all the other things I have achieved. I am now happy with my weight where it is and unless a disaster happens and I have a big gain next week I am happy to call this my goal. I have said it before but this is always where my weight loss stalled before and I think I have to recognise that there is most likely a reason for this. If I lose any more weight after that then its great, but I'm actually ok if I can maintain my weight here. Everything fits me well, I enjoy shopping again and I am fitter than I have been in years. My new goal is to improve my fitness even more. I think I need something to keep my mind focused and to stop me slipping back into bad habits. Its and odd feeling actually and will take a while to get used to it but I think I'm going to like it! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! We've recently launched the site www.Recipesup.com, on our website you can promote your blog Through facebook,twitter.com and pinterest. I invite you to go and take a look. Your blog will be in the top rank of Recipesup blogs. Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

    Lovely blog!
    www.recipesup.com
    www.cazarecetas.com

    Kinds Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are learning a lot about yourself each week. I think things like that are what really help out in the end. Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete