Monday, October 29, 2012

Chicken Nuggets!



Finally going to get back to posting some recipes - I know I haven't in a while. I have a few things I have tried recently that I will post over the next few weeks. I really fancied a chipper one friday night recently but didn't have the propoints. I knew if I went to the supermarket I would buy something unhealthy, that was just the mood I was in. So I decided to make some chicken nuggets and chips, as close to chipper as I was going to get and they were really very tasty, satisfied my craving for something "bold". And they were very easy.

Servings: 2
Propoints per serving: 5
Ingredients:
250g chicken breast  
10g parmesan cheese 
32g fresh breadcrumbs 
1tsp paprika
salt & pepper
1 egg white 
10g white flour 

Cut the chicken into strips and set to one side.  Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, paprika and seasoning. Put the flour on a plate, the egg white in a bowl and line up with the breadcrumb mix at the end. Take each chicken strip, coat in flour, then egg white and then the breadcrumb mix and place on a oven tray that has been sprayed with low calorie cooking spray. Bake at 180C for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking. I served these with 200g of home made chips and a salad and it was a great quick friday night dinner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment