Monday, August 22, 2016

Weekly Meal Plan & Weigh In: August Week 4



I feel like I spent a few weeks in July where I spiraled a little out of control and wasn't really sure what was going on. I was very stressed in work and as usual I let it affect my eating. I didn't do too much damage on the scales but I was starting to feel a bit rubbish. Bloated, heavy, more tired and my skin was not doing too well. It's taken me a few weeks but I am feeling in control again and starting to see the improvements already. The scales this week saw a loss of 1.5lbs which brings me back to 1.5lbs above my goal weight. 


Back nearer the start of the year, I was interested in just seeing what the nutritional breakdown of the food I was eating was and not just the smartpoint values - so I started tracking my food on MyFitnessPal. It opened my eyes to just how many calories worth of fruit I was eating every day and really helped me to optimise my smartpoints. I've been doing this ever since but I have to say, tracking smartpoints and calories has been a serious chore - and as the calories go into a handy app I've been a lot better about tracking those than the smartpoints. So this week I have decided to just track my calories. I have left the smartpoints on my meal plan, so I have a rough idea that they will add up to the 30 per day, but it's too much tracking both. 

I'd really love if Weight Watchers Ireland could bring out an app like the UK and US have. I know there was talk of one being released earlier in the year but there doesn't seem to any update on this. I am not giving up on Smartpoints, I really do think its a fab program that helps encourage the best choices. Just for the moment I am giving the calories alone a go, at least until I have time to get back to a class and pick up a tracker!!




Meal plan is done for the week. I am planning on putting together a post on my lunches at some stage this week and I am also experimenting with 2 new recipes this so if they work out as planned I will be posting up next week! Hope you all have a good week. 

1 comment: