Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Baked Oats




I've been seeing baked oats all over social media for the past few months and finally decided to give them a go over the weekend. I have to say I was impressed. It made a great weekend breakfast, but I could also see having them as a lovely low smartpoint sweet treat to get you through the week. I've made them again this evening, tweaking the recipe slightly and they turned out even better than before. I only buy jumbo oats, but from what I can see online these work with all kind of oats. The regular oats are milled a little more so might work even better.


You can easily adapt this to your tastes too, adding different fruit/spices depending on your tastes. I plan to experiment a lot with these over the next couple of weeks. This particular recipe is 8 smartpoints for the whole lot. I managed to get 8 little muffins out of it so can spread them over the week at 1 smartpoint per muffin. Not sure how well they will keep but I'll monitor them over the next few days. I like mine with a drizzle of peanut butter and/or some greek yoghurt but equally as good on their own.

Smartpoints per Recipe: 8 sp
Smartpoints on No Count: 1 sp for whole recipe
Ingredients:
50g oats
1 egg
50 ml almond milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1 banana mashed
cinnamon to taste (optional)


Mix all your ingredients well. If it seems a little thick you can add a drop more almond milk but it shouldn't be overly runny.

At this point you can either divide among as many muffin cases as you like, or in small baking dishes, depending on how you want to eat them. If you are having the whole lot for breakfast you can put it in one dish, or divide it if spreading them out. Cook in a preheated over (200C) for 20-30 minutes (depending on how you have divided them) until set but springy and golden brown.

These are great eaten immediately hot, or just as nice cold later on.

So easy and delicious!


On Saturday I only made 5 from the mixture and had
them all for breakfast with peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment