Thursday, September 17, 2015

Courgette & Feta Fritatta



I've been in need of some new lunch ideas for a long time now. My bagel thin sandwiches and soups, while lovely, were starting to get a bit repetitive. I usually spend Sunday evenings at my parents house so don't usually have the time to do much prep for the week ahead, but this week since they were away I had a rare Sunday at home. I decided to make the most of it and after spending the morning sorting through my recipe files I spent the afternoon in the kitchen. One of the things I made was this gorgeous frittata for my lunches for the week.


I love eggs and they are so filling, they really keep you going. After making this I am not sure why I don't eat more frittata and I even had my boyfriend hovering around the kitchen when it was done looking for a slice! It was so quick and easy and it's been absolutely brilliant as a lunch. Usually I am pretty hungry by the time I get home after work and I find it difficult not to pick while I cook the dinner. I am probably now going to be eating frittata until I'm sick of it, but for the moment I am excited for all the different variety's I can try.

Servings: 4
Smartpoints per Serving: 6sp
Smartpoints on No Count: 1sp
Propoints Per Serving: 6pp
Filling & Healthy: 2pp per serving
Ingredients:
8 eggs
3 courgettes
2 tbsp skimmed milk
2 tsp olive oil
3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
2 tbsp chopped chives
150g light feta
salt & black pepper

Half the courgettes lengthways and slice thickly. Heat the oil in a medium frying pan (the recipe said 20cm but that was way to small for all the ingredients, I just threw all the courgettes into each of my frying pans to judge the size).
Add the courgette and cook for 5-8 minutes until softened and slightly golden.
Beat the eggs, add the herbs and season well. Pour the mixture over the egg and cook for 5 minutes. Crumble the feta over the top.
Preheat the grill to medium and grill the frittata for 3-4 minutes until fully set and golden on top.

This will keep in the fridge for 6 days in a sealed container and tastes great cold or warmed slightly in the microwave. I've been eating it with a large mixed salad with added broccoli, just to be sure I'm getting my 5 a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment