Thursday, June 11, 2015

Crispy Chicken Goujons!



Chicken Nuggets was one of the first recipes I ever posted on this blog, and don't get me wrong that recipe is great. They will work out a treat, but I do think this new recipe has the edge on it. I'd never used Panko breadcrumbs as I had heard they are really high  propoints so never tried them. Well I was in Dunnes and decided out of interest to check them out, and at 2pp for 25g I figured I would give them a go. The Panko Crumbs make these as crispy as they would be if deep fried, but cooked in the oven.

We served 2 people with this recipe and the portions were HUGE. The recipe would absolutely easily serve 3, so I've worked out the propoints for both portions.

Serves: 2/3
Smartpoints per Serving: 5sp if serving 2, 3sp if serving 3
Smartpoints on No Count: 3sp if serving 2, 2sp if sercing 3
Propoints per Serving: 7pp if serving 2, 5pp if serving 3

Ingredients:
330g skinless chicken breast cut into even strips
50g Panko Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp flour
1 egg beaten*
salt & pepper
Spray oil

Preheat the oven the 200C. Lay some non stick baking paper on an oven tray & mist with spray oil (baking paper does work much better than tinfoil or putting the goujons directly on the tray)

Place the chicken strips, flour, salt and pepper in a ziploc bag and shake well until the chicken is coated.

Dip the chicken pieces in the egg and then the breadcrumbs until coated and place on the prepared tray.

Once all the chicken pieces are breaded, cook in the oven for 35 minutes, turning once halfway through until the goujons are golden and chicken cooked. I turned the oven up to 220C for the last 10 minutes just to ensure that they get decent colour on them.

(** You could use egg white only to reduce the propoints by 1pp**)

1 comment:

  1. Mmm looks lovely. Am thinking could do this with some curry sauce and it will be like a yasai katsu curry from wagamamas 😋

    ReplyDelete