Thursday, December 11, 2014

Chicken Leek & Cider Pie



I am going to preface this recipe by saying it divided opinion in my home. My boyfriend was not a fan at all and I really like it. There were a few tweaks I would make if I were making it again (which I am including in the below) but I thought the flavour was really good. It was really easy to make and who doesn't love a good pie.


Serves 4
SmartPoints per serving: 11
SmartPoints on No Count: 6
Propoints per serving: 11pp
Ingredients
1 tsp olive oil
1 leek, sliced
250g mushrooms, sliced
450g chicken breast cut into chunks
400ml dry cider
1 chicken stock cube
2 tsp cornflour mixed with 2 tsp water
2 tbsp low fat creme fraiche
750g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tsp butter melted

Preheat the oven the 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6.

Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the leeks and mushrooms for 5-10 minutes over a low heat. Remove from the pan and set aside.

Reheat the pan and brown the chicken. Add the cider, stock cube and the veg and bring to the boil. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by at least  a third and stir in the cornflour mixture. Simmer until the sauce has thickened and remove from the heat before stirring through the creme fraiche.

Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil, add the potatoes and boil for 5 minutes until just tender. Drain and set aside. 

Spoon the chicken mixture into a baking dish. Arrange the potato slices over the top and brush with the melted butter. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are golden.


No comments:

Post a Comment