Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Simple Carrot & Coriander Soup!



Carrots were never my favourite vegetable when cooked growing up and that included soup! I would eat raw carrots all day long (I used to make my mum put the raw ones on my plate when carrots were on the menu for dinner). But like most things your tastes change and carrot soup is def one of my favourites. This one is particularly easy and tasty and makes a fab packed lunch!




Servings 6
Smartpoints per serving: 0
Propoints per serving: 0
Ingredients:
2 medium onions roughly chopped
1 tsp oil (i used coconut oil)
6-8 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1/4 butternut squash peeled and roughly chopped
1.5 tsp groung coriander
0.25 tsp ground ginger
0.5 tsp tumeric
1 stock cube
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander
salt & black pepper


Heat the oil over a medium heat and add the onions. Cook for 4-5mins until soft and then stir in the spices and turn the heat down to low. Cook the onions and spices for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly before adding the carrot and BNS and mixing well. Add the stock cube and boiling water (enough to just cover the veg.

Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Stir through the fresh coriander and then blend using a food processor or stick blender. Season to taste and enjoy!!

I stirred through half a tbsp of extra light cream cheese when I had it for lunch to make it a little creamy and counted it as 1pp and it was delicious. Great with an open slimster ham salad sandwhich! 

No comments:

Post a Comment