Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Breakfast Salad


                                  


I had a very social week last week and as a result the scales have not been good to me. To get myself back on track I decided I was going to go low carb this week. My plan was berries and yoghurt for breakfast but when my boyfriend suggested a fry I decided to try something a little different. This felt a little fancy for breakfast, a little like something you might get when you go out for brunch, and it was really delicious! 


Serves 1
Propoints: 6
Ingredients
1 medium egg
30g chorizo chopped
20g slice of white pudding
2 small vine tomatoes
handfull of mixed leaves
2 tsp balsamic vinegar

Slice the tomatoes in half and sprinkle with sea salt. Spray with low calorie spray oil and place under a hot grill. 

Place the chorizo in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry until all the oils have been released and the chorizo is browned and slightly crisp. Remove to piece of kitchen paper to soak off excess oils, but leave some oil in the pan to cook the pudding. Fry the pudding for 5-7 minutes in the oil until cooked through and the outside is crisp. 

Meanwhile bring a small pan of water to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Crack in the egg and poach until cooked to your liking. 

Arrange the lettuce in a bowl, place the tomatoes around the edges and sprinkle the balsamic vinegar over. Spread the chorizo over the leaves and place the poached egg on top. Crumble the pudding and spread it around the egg, Season with lots of freshly ground black pepper and serve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment